Lohri is mainly celebrated by the Hindu and the Sikh communities. This festival falls on January 13, 2019. Lohri is a celebration of the winter crop season. On lohri a bonfire is lit; popcorn, peanuts, rewari & gajak are distributed to all neighbors, friends & relatives. Many people believes that lohri commemorates the passing of the winter solstice. It is observed the night before Makar Sankranti.
Lohri Special Recipes
- Makke Ki Roti:- This is a popular maize flour bread recipe. This roti serve with sarso ka saag & ghee / butter. It is a very delicious recipe.
- Til Ki Chikki:- This is a winter special recipe. This is very easy to prepare. Til ki chikki prepare by til or sugar. You can store this chikki for 1-2 months in a air tight jar.
- Peanut Chikki:- This is a very delicious and kids special recipe. This recipe prepare in winter.
- Palak Paneer:- Palak Paneer recipe is super healthy and delicious North-Indian dish. This recipe prepare by palak or paneer.
- Bhature Recipe:- Bhature is very spice and delicious Dish. This is my family favorite dish. Chole Bhatoore is Punjab’s favorite recipe.
- Punjabi Tikki:- This is a very easy and tasty recipe. This is Kids special recipe.
- Lassi from Milk:-Lassi is very cooling and refreshing drink to have in summer.Today we are preparing Lassi from Raw milk.
- Chane Jaisalmer Ke:- This is very easy and delicious recipe.
- Punjabi Aloo Paratha Recipe:- Punjabi Aloo Paratha is a very popular and delicious recipe. Serve this paratha with Dahi, chatni or Aloo ki sabji.
- Rajma curry Recipe:- Rajma Curry very delicious recipe. You can eat this curry with roti, paratha and puri.
Atta Ladoo Recipe:- This is very easy & quick to prepare recipe. This ladoo prepare by whole wheat flour or atta.
Coconut ladoo:- This is very delicious dish. It is prepared by coconut.
Murmura Ladoo:- This is kids special dish.
Boondi Ke Ladoo:- This is very popular and delicious sweet dish.
Besan Ke Laddu:- This is very easy and tasty dish. Every person like this sweet ladoo.