Today, we are preparing a Rajasthani/ marwadi vegetarian dish. Govind Gatta Curry is also known as Shahi Gatte because of it’s rich gravy. This is a Shahi Dish . But today we are add some new ingredients for new taste. We prepare this dish for special occasions.
- 1 Cup Gram Flour (Besan),
- Salt to Taste (Namak),
- 1-1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch),
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi),
- 1/2 teaspoon carom Seeds (Ajwain),
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt (Curd),
- 1 teaspoon oil / ghee,
- 1/2 cup of Mawa (Khoya) , grated/crumbled
- 2-4 Green Chilli fine chopped (Hari Mirich),
- 6-7 Cashew Nuts fine chopped,
- 6-7 Raisins (Kishmish),
- 2 tablespoon coconut Powder,
- 1 teaspoon Charoli (chiroji),
- 3-4 Almond (Badam),
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper powder (Kali Mirich),
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek leaves powder (Kasoori Methi),
- 1/4 cup khoya (Mawa),
- 1-1/2 Cup Yogurt (Dahi),
- 2 tablespoon Gram Flour (Besan),
- 2 Dry Red Chilli,
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi),
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder,
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala,
- salt as per taste,
- 2 tablespoon ghee,
- 2 tomato,
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida (hing),
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste,
- 1 teaspoon garlik paste,
- 1 cup Coriander leaves (Dhania) , For garnish
How to prepare recipe:-
- Take a big bowl and add besan, curd, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, carom seeds, oil and mix them well to form a dry crumble.Now add a little water to the dry besan mix and knead to make a firm dough.
- Take some ghee in you hand and divide the dough to equal balls, take a ball and make a disc.
- In a separate bowl, mix mawa, green chillies (optional), salt, chopped cashews,chopped raisins, charoli, chopped almond, coconut powder, black pepper and keep it aside.
- Take 1 tsp of filling and place in the center of the disc, fold in to cover from all sides and then roll to shape into a ball.
- Put so much water, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 tsp ghee in a vessel and keep boiling it, that the gatta can be boiled well in water, carefully take a single gatta in boiling water, so that the boil always remains in the water and let the boil boil for 10-15 minutes on high flame till you prick a toothpick, it should come out clean. Ready to boil the gatta.
- Strain the gattas and reuse the water to use in the gravy.
- Wash Tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, garlic and grind them into a fine grinder and make paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, after frying cumin, add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, salt, cumin seed, dry red chilli and fry a little bit of spices, Now add tomato, green chillies, ginger, garlic masala and fry until the oil separates from the spices, add gram flour and fry for two minutes, stirring continuously, Now add remaining half mawa, crumble and fry for 2 minutes and fry a little. Sprinkle the masala well, prepare frothy curd and continue roasting it continuously, until it does not boil well.
- After they splutter add besan, mawa and saute them well till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the water that is boiled in the spice, and keep the gravy till it recovers, if the gravy looks thicker then add more water to it, put garam masala and a little green coriander, Fenugreek leaves powder and mix it.
- Now add the gattas and cook them well for few minutes.
- Turn off the flames and garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve Govind Gatta Curry .
- Serve Gatta curry with chapati, parantha, whole, naan or rice and eat them.