Lohri is mainly celebrated by the Hindu and the Sikh communities. This festival falls on January 13, 2019. Lohri is a celebration of the winter crop season. On lohri a bonfire is lit; popcorn, peanuts, rewari & gajak are distributed to all neighbors, friends & relatives. Many people believes that lohri commemorates the passing of the winter solstice. It is observed the night before Makar Sankranti.
Atta Ladoo Recipe
This is very easy & quick to prepare recipe. This ladoo prepare by whole wheat flour or atta.
- 1 cup Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 2-4 cardamom
How to make Atta Ladoo Recipe:-
- Take a blender and grind 1/3 cup sugar and cardamom. Grind it become to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Take a thick bottom pan or kadhai and heat it on medium flame.
- In this pan add wheat flour / atta and roast it on medium to low flame. Stir it well. When flour become roast turn the flame low. 10-15 minute roast and stir it well.
- When the flour has been roast. It become color change like browning.
- When flour roast add ghee into this pan. Mix it well.
- Mix it 3-5 minute more. Check the taste of the flour , it should be cooked no rawness in the taste. Switch off the flame and add sugar powder in this pan. You can add some chopped nutes into this mixture. Mix it well with spoon. Check this mixture tolerable to you. lets start prepare ladoo.
- Take some portion of this mixture and make small or medium size ladoo.
- If you fill some problem for prepare or binding this ladoo, so add some more ghee in this mixture. Mix it well. And then prepare ladoo.
- Store these ladoo in a air-tight jar.
- Serve this atta ladoo with tea or any time.
You may also like below dishes:-
Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa is very delicious Dish. This recipe is very easy to make at home.You can eat this recipe any time. Me and my family loves this recipe.
- 1/2 kg Carrots.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 100 gm Khoya (1/2 cup) properly mashed.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- 8-10 raisins (Kishmish)
How to make Gajar ka Halwa in Microwave:-
- Wash carrot and peeled and grated. Take a deep bowl and mix grated carrots , sugar and milk.
- Microwave covered for 10-20 minutes.
- After that add ghee, raisins and khoya mix it well. Microwave uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add cardamom powder and chopped nuts. Garnishing with nuts.
- Serve it hot.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe is very easy recipe. After following the instructions mentioned in recipe, one can easily make it in home.
- Condensed milk one tin,
- desiccated coconut powder 2 cups
How to make Coconut Ladoo:
- Mix the condensed milk and one and a half cup of coconut powder in a bowl and stir on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Set aside until the mixture has slightly cooled down and shape into ladoo.
- Roll each ladoo in the half cup of coconut powder.
Wish you all a Merry Christmas and may this festival bring abundant joy and happiness in your life!
Eggless Cake Recipe
This Eggless cake recipe will tell you how to make Egg-less cake. After following the instructions mentioned in recipe, one can easily make it in home.
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1-2 cup Sugar or Jaggery
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 3/4 cup Refined Oil or Ghee
- Some Raisins, Walnuts, Figs (finely chopped)
- Cream (optional)
How to make Egg-less cake Recipe
- Firstly Heat Oven to 200 degree C.
- Take a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Take a blender and mix yogurt and oil together. Mix it well.
- When yogurt and oil mix well after that in this mixture add all dry ingredients.
- Prepare this mixture in dripping consistency. In this mixture add water if you needed.
- Take a baking dish and oil on the bottom.
- Bake this mixture at 170 degree or 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check it again and again between this time.
- When it become cool, decorate this cake with cream.
- Cut and Serve this cake on birthday party, celebration, Easter, Festival, New year & Wedding.
You May Also Like it
Urad Dal Papad
Dal papad are favorite food item among each age group people. It add extra when taken along with Lunch and Dinner. This recipe will help you in making these Urad Dal Papad easily in your home itself. So let start with the recipe.
- 1⁄2 kg Black Gram Flour (urad dal)
- 1⁄2 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1⁄2 tsp Carom Seeds (ajwain)
- 1⁄4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Salt as per taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Chaat Masala for sprinkle
How to make Urad dal Papad:-
- Take a big bowl and add black gram flour, cumin seeds, carom seeds, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix it well.
- Add some water and prepare a very hard dough.Cover this dough and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Make small balls by this dough.
- Apply some oil on the rolling board or rolling pins.
- Roll out each balls by the rolling board with the help of rolling pins in a round movement.
- Same procedure follow for preparing remaining balls.
- Place these papad on a cloth or polythene. Dry the papad in sunlight.
- Turn out after 23 hours. Dry them for 1-2 days.
- Take a wok and heat oil into on medium flame. When oil become heat put a papad into it for deep frying.
- Put out the papad and place it in a napkin.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on it for delicious taste.
- Serve it with tea and coffee.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds roasted and ground (cumin seed powder)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 Black Pepper powder
How to make Plain Raita :-
- Take a deep bowl and mix all ingredients into it. Mix it well. Serve it chilled.
This is a Homemade Powder Recipe can be used to prepare any kind of Veg Dum Biryani, Hyderabad Dum Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Hyderabad Chicken Biryani and Biryani. You can used this masala powder in Chicken curry. Biryani masala powder is very easy for preparing.
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 5 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 2 tbsp Whole Black Pepper Corns
- 2 tbsp Shahi jeera (Caraway)
- 2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 6 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 3 Mace (Javitri)
- 3 Stone flower , (Medium Sized)
- 3 Star anise
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 5 Cloves (Laung)
How to make Biryani Masala Powder Recipe
- Take a plate and clean up all spices.
- Take a frying pan and heat on medium flame, roast the coriander seeds and peppercorns first for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and roast them for 10 more seconds on low to medium flame.
- Add the remaining ingredients into this pan and roast them all for 1 minute.
- Cool it down and grind it into a smooth powder. Store in an airtight jar for an year.
- Serve the Biryani Masala Powder to make Biryani.
Ingredients Of Chaat Masala:-
- 1 cup coriander seeds
- 1 1/4 cups cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup thymol seeds/ ajwain
- 1/2 cup mango powder
- 2 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/4 cups powdered black rock salt
- 4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 2 tsp (approx) citric acid
- 1/2 cup dried and powdered mint leaves
How to Make Chaat Masala:-
1.Roast the coriander, cumin and ajwain in a heavy-based pan till dark brown on low flame.
2.Remove from pan and leave to cool in room temprature.
3.Put all the ingredients together in a mix blander and prepare a fine powder.
4.Store in an airtight jar.