- 2 cups Corn Flour (Makki ka atta)
- Warm Water as required for dough
- Some Ghee or Butter
How to make Makke Ki Roti:-
- Take a deep bowl and put corn flour. Knead the corn flour with warm water in a in a shallow tray.
- Take a square of polythene paper on the kitchen platform. Take a small ball of dough. Put a ball of the kneaded dough on the paper and cover with another piece of polythene.
- Then slowly press with the ball of your palm till it turns to be the size of a roti.
- Remove the polythene cover and transfer the roti to a hot non-stick pan or tava.
- Cook on low heat, turning till both sides are roasted.
- Apply some ghee / butter.
- 1/2 cup yellow gram dal (wash and soak 15 minutes)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 2-4 green chillies
- 1/2 Tbsp coriander fine chopped
- 1 tsp black paav bhaji masala.
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp coriander seed
- Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 6-7 kokams soaked in 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp each cumin & mustard seeds
How to Make Aamti
Take a pressure cooker and cook dal in it for 4 whistles. When cooker become cool and remove drain water from daal and keep aside.
Take a deep bowl and knead the kokams between fingers and press out and remove.
Keep the water aside.
Take blender and put daal in it and prepare smooth paste. Mix some water in this blender and mix well.
Take a frying pan and heat oil on low flame.
Add cumin and mustard seeds, curry leaves allow to creaking.
Add cloves, slit chilies, bay leaf and saute for 1 minute.
Now add kokam water in it.
Take a bowl and make paste of masala in 2-3 tbsp water and mix well.
Add paste and fry for one minute. In this mixture add daal bring to boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Garnishing with chopped green coriander.
Serve it hot.
Palak-Paneer is a super healthy North-Indian dish.
- 500 gms paneer (cut into small pieces approx 1″)
- 500 gms bunches of fresh spinach
- 125 gms bunch fresh fenugreek leaves
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 1 large fine chopped onion
- 1 large fine chopped tomato
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Some chopped coriander leaves
How to make Palak Paneer:-
- Take a heavy bottom frying pan or kadhai or wok and heat 2 tbsp oil in it. Add paneer pieces and fry it till golden brown. After that drain and remove paneer on napkin or paper towel.
- Now take 2 tbsp oil in this pan or wok and heat on medium flame. Add onion and fry it till brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir well for few minutes. Add tomato mix it well a minutes.
- Add cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt mix it well.
- Add spinach and fenugreek leaves cook till spinach and fenugreek leaves become pulpy and soft.
- After that mash it well and make a paste.
- Add fryed paneer in this paste and stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and butter.
- Serve it with makke ki roti, chapati or paratha.
- 1 cup Sama Ke Chawal
- 1/2 cup Cube potatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger & green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2-2.5 cup water
- Salt (Sendha Namak) as per your taste
- 2-3 tbsp fine chopped coriander leaves
How to make Sama Chawal Khichadi:-
- Take a deep bowl and soak sama chawal for an hour. After that drain and keep aside.
- Take a thick bottom pan/ kadhai or Pressure Cooker and heat ghee in it. When ghee become heat add cumin seeds.
- Fry cumin seeds till they are crackle.
- Add ginger-chilli paste and add crushed black pepper.Saute it till the raw aroma goes away.
- After that add potatoes cubes and stir and saute it for three minutes.Add sama chawal in it. Stir and saute for a minute.
- Add water and stir away.
- Add Rock Salt/ Saindha Namak and mix it well.
- Cover this Pan/ Pressure cooker or Kadhai with a lid on a low flame for 1 whistle.
- Do check and stir at interval.
- When the sama rice softened and cooked well. Switch off the flame.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- You can add some lemon juice.
- Serve it with plane yogurt.