Skip to content
- 200 gm Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- 1 Large Sized finely chopped Onion (Payaj)
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree / 3 medium or 2 large tomato fine chopped (Tamatar)
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Garlic Paste (Adrak, lahsun)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 nos Finely Chopped Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Green Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhaniya Patta)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
How to make Rajma Recipe:-
- Wash Kidney Beans and Soak Overnight or 6-8 Hours.it It is very important to soak the kidney beans overnight. Always uses fresh kidney beans as old kidney beans take more time for cook.
- Wash again and take a pressure cooker.
- In this pressure cooker and put kidney Beans ,salt and 4-5 cup water . Boil the soak Kidney Beans when kidney beans till cooked well (minimum 3-4 whistle). Cook it on medium or low flame.
- Take a Pan and heat oil in this pan.
- In this pan add cumin seeds, when it cracked and get brown then add asafoetida (hing), ginger-garlic paste, onion saute them till they golden brown or caramelized.
- Add tomato puree or tomato and saute well.
- Then add all spices green chillies, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and yogurt. Mix it well.
- Cook this on Medium or low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Add kidney beans in this mixture. Mix it well.
- Mash few kidney beans with spoon for make thicken rajma masala curry.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve it.