- 1 cup Peanut (Moongalphali)
- 100 gr Jaggery Powder/ 1/2 cup Jaggery blocks
- 2 tbsp water
- Ghee for Greasing
- Some chopped almond
How to make Peanut Chikki:-
- Put 1 cup peanut in a heavy bottom pan or wok (kadhai) on low flame. Roast peanut and stirring well until peanut become crunchy.
- When peanut get roasted well, remove in a separate plate. Once the peanut become cool. Rub them between your palms. The husks peels easily. Remove the husked peanut and keep aside.
- Take a same wok / pan put jaggery powder or jaggery blocks and heat on low flame. Add water. stir well with spatula. All jaggery get dissolved.
- Keep on stirring this solution.
- While this solution become cooking, take a bowl on cold water, where you can check consistency of the solution. Stir continuously until you get the thread consistency.
- The mixture reached the hard ball stage.
- When the jaggery solution become good consistency, quickly add the peanuts and quick stir well.
- This mixture place on a foil or a greasing plate immediately.
- Grease the rolling pin (Belan).
- Roll the chikki by rolling pin.
- Cut the chikki by greasing knife into horizontal or vertical shape. Remove the paper.
- Let the chikki cool at room temperature.
- Break them and serve.
- You can store this chikki in a airtight jar.
You may also like below dishes:-