Skip to content
- 500 gm Medium size Potatoes (6)
- 1/2 cup boiled or frozen peas
- 1 tsp oil for frying the tikki
- Salt as per taste
- 1½ tsp Ground cumin ( jeera powder)
- 2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp corn starch or rice flour or arrowroot flour, add as required
How to prepare recipe:-
- First rinse and then steam or pressure cook the potatoes till they are falling part.
- Once they are cooked , drain then completely
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Add oil, peas, salt,cumin (jeera), chopped green chilies, ginger, coriander powder, coriander leaves,red chili powder, chaat masala, garam masala and corn starch
- Just mix everything very well
- Divided this mixture in small Tikki. Make tikki of 3″ diameter
- Heat oil till its medium hot in a tawa or a frying pan.
- Arrange tikkis on it.
- When one side of tikki become golden and crisp, turn over and fry the other side of tikki, gently flip for a couple of time till the allo tikki become golden and crisp evently
- Serve the aloo tikki with coriander chutney or tomato saus and sweet yogurt.