Pancake / Chilla is a favorite snack, which has withstood the test of time. Normally we made with a batter of besan or moong dal, these pancakes have a very homely & tasty in taste.
- Add 1 cup grated purple yam
- 1 tsp thin chopped green chili
- 1/2 cumin seeds (jeera)
- butter / oil / ghee as needed
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup fine chopped onion
How to prepare recipe:-
- In a deep bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- This mixture divided into 2 portions.
- Heat a non-stick tava / frying pan.
- When non stick tava has been hot, grease it with little butter, take one portion of the mixture and spread it evenly using wet fingers.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes & cover it with a lid and , turn it over and cook on the other side till golden brown in color.
- Serve hot Purple Yam Pancake with green chutnuey or tomato ketchup.