Turmeric has many medicinal properties, So its ethics is also rich in taste & many properties. According Ayurveda turmeric is used for epilepsy and bleeding disorders, skin diseases, to purify the body-mind, and to help the lungs expel Kapha.
- Mustered oil 1/2 cup,
- Raw turmeric 2½ cup fine chopped,
- Salt 2½ tsp
- Red chilly powder 1/2 tsp,
- Mustard seeds powder – 2½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 2½ tsp (coarsely grounded)
- Ginger powder 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 2-3 pinch (Hing)
- Lemon juice ½ cup
How to prepare recipe:-
- Take mustard oil in a pan and place it on flame for heating. After heating it bring it to room temperature and add asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, salt, red chilly powder,mustered seed powder,ginger powder and grated turmeric. Mix all ingredients really well. Take out pickle in a bowl and add lemon juice into it. Cover the pickle and keep it aside. After 4-5 minutes stir the pickle with help of a spoon.
- Store it in a dry glass jar or containers made with clay. If possible keep the container in sunlight for 2 -3 days.
- Turmeric pickle is ready.