Skip to content
- 1⁄2 kg Black Gram Flour (urad dal)
- 1⁄2 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1⁄2 tsp Carom Seeds (ajwain)
- 1⁄4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Salt as per taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Chaat Masala for sprinkle
How to make Urad dal Papad:-
- Take a big bowl and add black gram flour, cumin seeds, carom seeds, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix it well.
- Add some water and prepare a very hard dough.Cover this dough and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Make small balls by this dough.
- Apply some oil on the rolling board or rolling pins.
- Roll out each balls by the rolling board with the help of rolling pins in a round movement.
- Same procedure follow for preparing remaining balls.
- Place these papad on a cloth or polythene. Dry the papad in sunlight.
- Turn out after 23 hours. Dry them for 1-2 days.
- Take a wok and heat oil into it on medium flame. when oil become heat put a papad into it for deep frying.
- Put out the papad and place it in a napkin.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on it for delicious taste.
- Serve it with tea and coffee.