Skip to content
- 1 cup Gram Flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1-1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom Powder
- 5-6 Raisin (kismis)
- Fine chopped some dry fruits (almond, cashew nut,Walnut, Pistachios)
- 3-5 strands of saffron.
How to make Besan ka halwa:-
- Take a thick bottom frying pan or wok (kadhai) and keep on a low flame. Add ghee. When ghee become melt add gram flour and mix it well.
- Roast the gram flour continuously . stirring continuously. Add some milk and stirring well.
- Then pour the remaining milk and stirring well.
- Continue to mix and stir well that no lumps are formed. Add sugar and mix well.
- Keep stir 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- You will see the halwa leaving ghee at the sides. Add cardamom powder.The halwa will also start leaving the edges of the pan.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnishing with chopped dry fruits, raisin, saffron strands.
- Serve it hot and warm.