- 400 gm Wheat flour
- 100 gm Semolina (Rava , Sooji)
- 100 gm Ghee / Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Salt as per taste
How to make Baati Churma:-
- Combined Flour, Cumin seeds, carom seeds, salt and semolina in a large bowl. Mix Ghee and baking powder in this mixture. Add water to combine it well. Make a smooth and yet stiff dough. Leave the baati dough aside for 15- 20 minutes.
- Once the baat dough is well rested, knead again for a few minutes.
- Divide the dough in large lemon size portions. Preheat the oven to 180 Degree and bake them in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Make sure to keep turning the baatis around, until it is browned from all sides. The baatis will tend to crack from the top while it is baking and thats completely natural.
- Once the baatis are golden brown in color from all sides, remove them from the oven.
- Take a plate and keep baatis in it . Take 3 to 4 of them, crush them and combine them with jaggery in a mixer to make a coarse powder. The salt from the baatis does not overwhelm the taste and tastes perfectly fine. Now Churma is ready.
- In a small serving bowl, add 2 baatis, lightly crush them, drizzle some ghee over the baked baatis.
- We always serve baati with dal .