- 1.5 cups sabut urad dal
- 1 cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp Shahi jeera
- 1 tsp kasoori meethi
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 cups cream
- Green chilies, slit lengthwise for garnishing
How to Make Dal Makhani
1. Take a deep bowl and put dal, red kidney beans wash it well and soaked over night with water Or al least 8 hrs.
Take a pressure cooker and put dal and rajma with water and 1 tsp salt. Cook until rajma and dal become tender.
2.In A Heavy Based Pan / Wok, Heat Butter And Oil. Add Shahi Jeera & Kasoori Methi. When They Begin To Splutter, Add Tomato Puree, Remaining Salt, Chilli Powder And Sugar. Stir it.
3. Stir over high Flame, till the oil separate.
4.Add cooked Dal and bring to boil. The consistency should be such that the Dal should move around freely when stirred, Otherwise add some water.
5.Leave to simmer, uncovered, Till well blended. Add cream and Once it gets heated through, Serve immediately, Garnished with green chilies.
6.You can serve Dal Makhni with rice, Roti & Paratha.